Monday, December 7, 2009

Hydrochlorothiazide And Adderall

revive an old terminal [experience]

I was wandering around the basement of my house when something caught my eye ... 3
were dumb terminals (see link ) so I got one with the keyboard (mouse is not exact but only the keyboard) and I tried to run it, if you read the link you will know by now what are the dumb terminals, if you did not, I will explain briefly, in practice consist of a monitor and keyboard are not true because PC can not "think for themselves" why they are called stupid, but they must be connected to a PC that information items and think for them. This terminal requires a cable Serial 25-pin null-modem (another link ) then you need is:

-PC with Linux installed (UBUNTU! !!!!!!)
-terminal :-)
-null- modem

The first two I had, I had as many as 6 of the third, after having tried all to my regret I found that none worked :-(

the end with a little help and a soldering iron I made the right cable, connected , turn on the terminal ... nothing appears on the screen :-( :-( (Damn)

spend months (yes months) and one day, the flash of genius!
GOOGLE !!!!! After a
long search (I got to the 24th page) I found the just,

I do not write what has happened since otherwise it takes 20 pages, however in the end I managed to make it work here and basically you have to post some photos of the terminal screen and some programs that I could start.



In order: The terminal itself, rear view, the cable home-made



In order: The keyboard (dirty), the terminal connected.

HAPPEN NOW WITH PHOTOS OF THE TERMINAL IN ACTION:

In order: the Ubuntu login screen, logged on, the top command (list of active processes)

In order: Zork1 the game, the Lynx web browser, the "site" of Monochrome news


The mail client, you can see the emails between Facebook and iTunes (LOL) When you say

RETRO XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

0 comments:

Post a Comment